When you work hard to build your career, work/life balance can feel impossible. But not taking time to recharge will only hurt your efforts. Take time to boost your energy and renew yourself during the daily grind:
- Before you begin a project or task, establish what “good enough” looks like, then stop when you reach that point.
- Set clear boundaries. Practice by saying no to a few small things first.
- Don’t be afraid to delegate--others may be capable and happy to do the work for you.
- Get clear about what your required work is, and deal with other requests only if you have the time.
- Prioritize the relationships and activities in your personal life, then block time each week to focus on them.
- Talk to your manager. He or she may not know when you’re feeling overwhelmed and they could be in a position to help you recalibrate.
Remember, only you can to prioritize and lead your own life. Start by taking ownership today.
When you fail to prepare employees for leadership, you put the success of your organization in jeopardy. Get the insights to avoid first-level leader breakdowns and download our latest research study.
About the AuthorMore Content by Todd Davis