- Understand your culture’s propensity to celebrate: Is it enough? not enough? too much?
- Assess your people’s ability to actually “win.” Are your goals so lofty that they have an inverse impact and crush people’s spirits?
- Plan your team’s next celebration:
- What contributions should be recognized?
- Outline what you intend to say about each team member. Be specific.
- Identify an appropriate reward to share with the individual or team. Customize it to the recipient’s preferences and the project’s scope.
In a perfect world, your team would magically show up to work fully committed to their goals—one of the keys to accomplishing anything as a team. But, since that's not an option in the real world, download our guide to get your team on board and moving in the right direction.