- Understand your culture’s propensity to celebrate: Is it enough? not enough? too much?
- Assess your people’s ability to actually “win.” Are your goals so lofty that they have an inverse impact and crush people’s spirits?
- Plan your team’s next celebration:
- What contributions should be recognized?
- Outline what you intend to say about each team member. Be specific.
- Identify an appropriate reward to share with the individual or team. Customize it to the recipient’s preferences and the project’s scope.
Go from a management mess to a leadership success. Join Scott Miller for a live webcast and learn more about the 30 challenges that all leaders face.