FROM MESS TO SUCCESS: PROTECT YOUR TEAM AGAINST URGENCIES
- Recognize that you may well be the source of many team urgencies. How do they show up?
- How will you plan better or say no to more?
- Ask yourself if your need for validation or excitement is undermining the focus of your team.
- Assign reasonable due dates to future initiatives.
- Reward proactive and preventative efforts, not just heroic firefighting.
Leading a team requires a different skillset than working as an individual contributor. To succeed in the face of new challenges, first-level leaders need to shift how they think and act. Download our latest guide and develop your people into a high-performing team.