One of the essential roles of leadership is to coach potential by unleashing the untapped talent and potential of others.
How do you build other leaders?
Use this coaching framework to help team members address performance issues, solve problems, and develop career opportunities.
- Prepare: Take time to examine your motives for coaching and set aside your agenda.
- Clarify: Agree together on the desired purpose and establish a realistic time frame for the conversation.
- Learn: Listen empathically to understand the other person's point of view. Reflect back what you're hearing so they can further clarify or let you know that you understand.
- Explore: Use insightful questions and acknowledging to generate options. Clear the path and share ideas when appropriate.
- Commit: Invite the person to make commitments and establish follow-up.
Register to attend The 4 Essential Roles of Leadership webcast and discover a framework of success for leaders everywhere.